
I'm going to take a wild guess here and predict that Patti LaBelle's choir is going to win tonight on Clash of the Choirs on NBC. If you have no idea what I'm talking about- no worries- no need to tune in. I did it for you on Monday night.
I've got to say these celebrities are very enthusiastic about their choirs, they almost had me fooled. All of their smiling and crying didn't rub off on me. I tried to watch the 2nd episode on Tuesday night and I couldn't stomach it. I felt like I was turning into my mom about music. She used to say in the car when I listened to the radio, "turn off all that yelling." My mom was never one for singing. But she did like the Beatles, I'll give her that. So I didn't actually want to say, "turn off all that yelling" but I actually did and turned off the tube and it made me sad.
The one highlight from Monday night was Patti LaBelle's choir - they were absolutely amazing with their voice work. Here's a clip. When they did the thing at the end where they threw back their "ohs" and "ahs" I was dancing in my living room. Okay, for a second.
My Comcast cable service actually crapped out for the 5 minutes where Michael Bolton's choir performed. So unfortunate as I was really looking forward to making fun of it. I didn't see my DH pal Nicole in the audience supporting her man. Come on Nicole, you don't like over hyped TV shows with choirs singing oldies but goodies with terrible dance moves. I don't blame you.
So remember I called it will be Patti's choir. It just can't be any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment