Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Project Runway 4 premieres!

Hey, there! I'm a friend of Juls and though she and I may have different tastes in television, we both enjoy watching it. I'll be guest blogging about the latest season of Bravo's fashion reality show Project Runway.

Heidi Klum, host of Project Runway

This new season I'm a little irked that many of the contestants have established careers. Like Rami, who's already worked with Jessica Alba. I resented Jeffrey Sebelia, winner of Project Runway 3, for being in a different league than everyone else that season.

The first episode of any reality show is always the most crowded one, but...

Who I like so far: Kevin, for boasting about being straight... Sweet P, because I saw a photo of her years ago in a magazine from back when she designed flowery wallpaper...

Who I like to dislike: 21-year-old Christian, the egotistical guy with the asymmetrical haircut and whiny tone of voice... lingerie designer Ricky, who almost cried when talking about Project Runway and LIFE... Elisa, the wacky multimedia artist and "accidental fashion designer"...

My favorite quotes:
  • "I think there's some hand-sewn crap up in here!" - Christian
  • "M. O. B. Mother of the bride." - Michael Kors
  • "Her model looked like she was pooing fabric." - Heidi
The challenge was to create a garment that says who you are as a designer using whatever you could grab from $50,000 worth of Mood fabrics arrayed in tents you had to race to. The winner was that highly experienced Rami (ugh, just what we need -- a frontrunner from the get-go).

And I was surprised that the judges got rid of Simone for her poorly constructed dress instead of fish-out-of-water Elisa who got her model tangled up in the overly conceptual blue dress. But that gives us next week's episode to see how she'll embarrass herself next.

1 comment:

stephy said...

Okay I am going to comment on tonight's Tim Gunn's Guide To Style episode even though I saw the Project Runway premiere and loved it - but tonight on his show Tim said about a nasty old bra the lady had "It looks like an ANCIENT SLINGSHOT" and I laughed so hard I was coughing.
Oh and about one outfit she tried on he said "You look like you need orthopedic shoes and a one-way ticket to Florida."