
I enjoyed Chuck last night. The last two episodes actually have been quite enthralling. I tried to watch this program a few times before and it seemed to lose air after 10 minutes. But the addition of Rachel Bilson (of "The OC" fame) and Chuck's further involvement in spy games and infatuation with co-spy Sarah proves to be giving the show more energy.
This whole show really rests on Chuck- Zachary Levi- he has to pull this geek sitcom/spy game/drama off. Lots of pressure considering the action sequences are all low budge, his co-stars are a bit lackluster and there's really no spyish international travel. Maybe they can take Chuck out of LA? But I guess you have the whole geek squad element at the Buy More store and that's what makes everything work. And if Chuck's brain offers more dangerous and humorous exploits with NSA agents Sarah Walker, Major John Casey and Bryce the show will get more entertaining. Maybe they could turn the tables on us? Maybe there's another rogue agent in the mix?
If this makes another season I think the show will really flourish. I find that you have to have some imagination with these network shows as they don't take a lot of risk in production design or in depth story in the first run. Everyone seems to be so scared of audience loyalty and ratings so they go soft on good humor or dramatic storyline.
Unfortunately I've missed some episodes, maybe I can catch on Comcast On Demand. Or would that be breaking the rules of my online media boycott?
No comments:
Post a Comment