I’ve just escaped a month of pouring over 2005 receipts…don’t ask or they will come after you as well. 2005 was a busy year…I produced one show about Venice in Vegas, another about a secret government fortress, a thrilling one about the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world, and yet another volcano science show and at the tail end of that same year completed my first docudrama. It’s no wonder I ended up at the end of the year passed out at an undisclosed location in a quiet retreat with no speaking, TV or cell phones.
So I’m glad 2005 is behind me. Kind of…so I started thinking about TV in general in the wonderful year of 2005. What fantastic shows did the TV gods give to us that year?
In 2005, we got …
- The American version of The Office (but the British is still better I think- more subtle)
- Weeds premiered on Showtime (I watched it for the 1st time in 2006 thanks to the DVD set),
- The Colbert Report (really this gives Jon Stewart a run for his money),
- Grey’s Anatomy (I just gave this dirty habit up, Meredith’s sad pathetic life lasted a season for me)
Some DUDS that are now thank goodness behind us…
- Fat Actress (who really watched this?)
- Britney & Kevin: Chaotic (really, so sad)
- Taradise (I mean how can you compare her to Paradise??)
Some DUDS that aren’t behind us BUT should be…
- Dancing with the Stars (I have no interest in watching people dance)
- Battlestar Galactica (my husband will kill me for this)
- How I Met Your Mother (um, why?)
Okay, that’s enough…just a trip down memory lane. Did I miss one people?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment