
I love my TIVO. I remember the cold and blustery night my husband bought his first Tivo. We were dating at the time and he dragged me into a Circuit City and haggled the sales manager for the floor model 1st gen Tivo recorder. This took about 30 minutes and resulted in a rock bottom price of $95. This was a real steal for 2000. We used that Tivo for awhile, it got us through 9/11, Sex and the City, Survivor, and all the shows on Adult Swim. We said goodbye to that Tivo recorder in 2005 and are currently still surviving on our 2nd gen. Now we have wireless hook up and can play all our music from our home computer, display photos from vacations for all our adoring friends, and buy TV and movies with Amazon unBox. Oh the glories! Hopefully someday (when we get our Tax rebate next month) we'll splurge for the HD set (finally!) with Tivo recorder. And I really regret passing up that lifetime membership in 2002.
So you can tell I love MY Tivo. Most of my shear moments of panic in life are when I lose my Tivo remote. For my husband it's when I routinely drop the remote on our hard wood floor every week.
ANYWAY, moving on, I'm here to tell you one thing that I don't like about my Tivo. After all these years it still records things we are NOT remotely interested in. Even programs that have 2 red thumbs down. We don't carry any wish lists for actors or directors and these aren't "Tivo suggestions" - this is real life choosing of shows. So really our Tivo has a mind of it's own. Tonight I came home to find CSI- Crime Scene Investigation recorded, this happens at least twice a month. I've NEVER watched this show and it's one of my most unfavorite shows on TV. Usually once a month it records The Terminator, one of my most unfavorite movies of all time. Before I know it it will be recording How I Met Your Mother or some other ridiculous sitcom. So something is amiss with my Tivo, it's not perfect. And I'm sure it's not my husband playing tricks on me.
1 comment:
"Terminator" is one of my all-time favorite movies! And my secret guilty pleasure is CSI... Maybe you should bequeath your Tivo to me when you upgrade.
Post a Comment