Monday, February 18, 2008

Oh Baby It's Knight Time!


I was watching the return of Knight Rider last night on NBC when I realized about oh, 30 minutes in that I didn't really watch this when I was younger. I mean, I remember Hasselhoff, the talking car and the big rig that drove around to pick it up. But I found myself asking my husband, hey, what was Knight Rider about? Because I couldn't seem to figure out what the heck I was watching and why. I watched the A-Team, Dukes of Hazard, and The Great American Hero but I only remember seeing Kit at Universal Studios when I was twelve. And I remember my brother sitting in the car thinking he was all bad ass or something. I just remember the blinking lights and computerized voice and looking for Mr. T who was from the other show.

Anyway, we really wanted to see the return of the Hasselhoff last night. We forwarded through on our Tivo last night and it wasn't completed (2 hr show!) so to no avail I went to asleep without seeing the german superstar. I woke up this morning, tivoed it all the way thru...and there... at the very end at the cemetery greeting the next Knight Rider himself...in all his spent out glory...the Hasselhoff! Michael Mike! Who died? I don't know because I didn't watch it. But the art direction of the flowers on the coffin was primo. And Michael Mike's suit was nice. Oh wait I'm watching right now...it was his little Mike's mother who died. Very sad. His mom loved him from the "very first day." Isn't that normal? And wait, there's a legend, 25 years..."a man made a difference." Oh geeeezzz...and then he says, "Take care of yourself." This dialogue is wearing on me. Is this a mini-series? a one time TV movie? Hope so, I hope it goes nighty night. Goodbye.

p.s. Also, this was a really good Ford commercial for the Shelby Mustang. Way to go Ford. Nice beauty shots and good job getting Val Kilmer to do Kitt's voice. And I like the color change and spin outs.

No comments: