
Sorry I didn't want to waste my time on a better title. What is the point of ripping off Sex and the City with this silly dreadful one hour show about "successful" drippy women?! Didn't we do this before? I loved the real thing on HBO and I don't need to see it patronized with formulaic story lines and characters using not so subtle ridiculous dialogue. What is with the comment about the "ID" generation? And talking if at 35 you created women's lib? Um, excuse me that happened with my mother's generation and she's 60 years old! And why does TV perpetuate the idea that successful aggressive women deserve to be alone? It is simply not reality.
I'll turn off the TV and go see four beautiful wonderfully smart classy women on May 30th at the movies. Here's the trailer.
6 comments:
You go girlfriend!
My thoughts exactly. And why does one look my mother in $300 shoes? And yes, we get it, they are oh so so busy, but why are they always able to get together for leisurely lunches and after work cocktails? And I don't think I've seen such forced dialogue since any of the CSI's. Maybe if they didn't try so hard to be Sex in the City Part 2? At least those women were human. These ones are caricatures almost- the poor man's version. Ridiculous. They must have hired the scab writers. I guess this is our punishment for not supporting the writers sooner.
Preach it! I hated this show.
And why does TV perpetuate the idea that successful aggressive women deserve to be alone? It is simply not reality.
Seriously, this was so insulting I nearly went into a fugue state while watching the show. Also, I hate the perpetuation of the idea that if you DON'T have a man, you're miserable.
I watched Lipstick Jungle months ago, and I remember liking it much more than this show. I hope that holds up on second viewing, I could use some fun fluff during the strike.
What's so insidious is that this doesn't even come close to anything about equalizing women, but rather reinforcing old stereotypes that women are bitter and catty, and left to their own devices will always fail minus the intervention of some man.
The one character whose husband is a serial man-ho, continually cheating on her, brinks on the verge of having an affair herself. Then the very next show she chickens out and has the gall to say she got her 'revenge'. When?!! When she wimped out? When she undressed for this unworthy slob and gave him a wifely kiss of forgiveness? Gimme a break! A real woman would've tossed him out, had the affair, and laughed her way to work. Instead, we get one cop out after the other.
Instead of rejecting cliches outright, they embrace them under the guise of being 'empowered'. As if there's some actually some way to be taken seriously as an equal while dressing, talking, and acting like shallow, materialistic, bitches that so many men beleive women are.
It's unfortunate this show has not been murdered by the writers strike. What a waste of four otherwise talented women in acting.
Blech! I watched about fifteen minutes of this awfulness and nearly threw up in my mouth. ARe they serious with these characters?
I can't tell if they're trying to be campy, serious, or just plain insulting? Is this a result of the writers strike? Did they turn script writing over to juvenile boys who have experienced rejection from their dream girls one too many times? Seriously, it seems like these characters are the abortive nightmore of some she-hating angry guy. Who ARE these women? I can't identify with even one of them in any way. No female I know, from highly successful to ones who aren't, is ANYTHING like these snobby women. What is up with the unreality of having super power jobs but having all the time in the world to hang out and drink martinis and talk so fast no one can understand each other?
It's like they don't breathe when they talk: "Iwasatworkandthisthinghappenedandthen
thisotherthinghappeenedandoopsIbroke
anailandlostadiamondring,ohthe
tragedythatIam.." Get...REAL!!
Whoever dreamed up this garbage
has really,really,really does not
like women at all.
Same people who said SATC chicks didn't have real jobs are now saying Cashmere is a bad show. It is. Now we can all move on.
Post a Comment