Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Specialty is Anything that is Low


Just a side note before I start with my usual rant. I already messed up on my New Years resolution last night at Raley's. I'm such a dissappointment to the green world around me.

Anyway, last night I tuned into a new-to-me program. My friend recently recommended the ABC sitcom Notes from the Underbelly. I have to say that watching this program was effortless and I will cue it up for Tivo record. I really liked how the program didn't pretend to be anything- its not a Friends, or a Seinfeld or a Sex and the City rip off. It's just what it is. How refreshing! It's got that lady from the Daily Show and the writing is a bit campy but in a good way. It's too soon to say anything more but you should definitely check out while there's nothing on the airwaves.

I'm watching the kick off episode of American Idol as I type. Oh, how the idol has fallen. I used to actually want to watch the final episodes and pick up my phone and vote in the 1st season. Now I just tune in to a few of the starter episodes to laugh my butt off at these poor souls who bare all for no reason but to embarrass themselves. I mean by now you can't feel sorry for these people- it's the 8th season they know what they are getting into. So I just tune in to laugh and I don't feel bad about it anymore (don't I sound guilty). And I do have a odd affection towards Simon. I can't explain it except that one night a very long time ago I had a romantic dream about him. And they say dreams explain reality so I really don't want to get that one analyzed (and my husband is wishing that I never speak about it again).

p.s. If you can figure out how my title is related to this post I owe you a coffee or drink next time you see me :)

1 comment:

wella said...

Regarding American Idol, I haven't bothered to watch the chuckles parade of "poor souls" they're trotting in front of the camera for a few weeks before going to Hollywood for eliminations. You're correct, juls, they know what they're getting into and they don't deserve our attention. Long gone are the days of William Hung's sincerity.

Well, okay, I admit I did bother to watch 30 mins. of American Idol the other week. And to my surprise Paula Abdul has become a voice of reason!!!

Enough with the chuckles parade, Fox! Let's get down to business.