
Of course the Golden Globes award show was cancelled. This should have happened a month ago. First NBC confirms they are airing it during the strike, then the very next week SAG tells the media that no one is coming. It’s more than obvious that a communication breakdown has happened in Hollywood. It’s unfortunate that the show won’t go on but not a tragedy. If anything it will bring more attention to the plight of the writers. The real tragedy is that I can’t see George Clooney once again in his Armani suit or hear him make some political remark or baseless joke. I can’t wait for this scheduled news conference. I wonder who will announce the winners.
I watched “A Daily Show with Jon Stewart” (that’s what it’s called during the WGA strike) and “The Colbert Report” last night. These men do a wonderful job of ad libbing and looking cute without their staff of writers. But how long can this really last?! Colbert was much cuter ad libbing though and funnier. I wonder if they can do any campaign stories on the road? I heard that they can still do field producing stories but they didn’t feature anything last night.
On a side, side note-- I saw that ABC is airing the pilot episode of Cashmere Mafia again tonight. And then tomorrow night the 2nd episode. I love this new world of TV where anything can air at any time. It's so humiliating and thrilling at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment