
It’s Monday night and I’m lusting for it. WEEDS that is. No not the weeds in my backyard. The WEEDS on Showtime. I can hardly justify my subscription to HBO so I can’t afford to pay for two premium channels!
It’s killing me that I can’t watch Mary Louis Parker, Kevin Nealon, and Elizabeth Perkins puff the magic dragon. It’s like a good book you can’t put down (yes I read people!). I watched half of Season Two on a plane to Kentucky and then finished off the rest in my hotel room. I couldn’t put my laptop down!
I learned early on in life that I got off on uncomfortable environments. And this is why I love Weeds. Yes, I am uncomfortable with a suburban mother who sells weed. I can’t lie! But who cares! I don’t know anything about this world so I keep watching. She has a nuanced love connection with her ghetto business partner, attempts to hide her ”business” from her children, can’t control her housekeeper, has a caring but seemingly strange brother in law, teeters on a nervous breakdown constantly, and never touches the stuff!
So tonight Season 3 of WEEDS kicked off on Showtime and I wasn’t there. It’s going to be a long wait for the DVD. Please someone tell me how it was!!
2 comments:
What a hilariously bizarre premise for a t.v. show! I've never even heard of it! LOL
Hey woman... can you zap me a copy of that picture in your header so I can make a link button for my blog? I needs to link to you!!
We don't have Showtime so we watch Weeds on DVD and we just finished the 2nd season and it's KILLING us to not know what happens next so I gave a videotape, yes vhs tape, to my coworker with Showtime and he's going to record some of Season 3 for us. Salvation!!
Post a Comment