I was canceling my AT&T long distance today…unfortunately after I did that the Customer Service Rep engaged me in a lengthy “survey about their services.” Amused…I played along. I was like, “No, not interested,” “No, that’s ok,” to every last thing. Then he said, “Well we have a DVR...” And I interrupted him and said, “Um, I have a Tivo and I love it.” And he said, “Well have you ever used any other DVR?” And I said, “Yes they are terrible.” And he says, “Wow, I’ve never heard anyone say that before.” I told him that I’ve had Tivo for 8 years and would not be able to live my TV life without it. Then I promptly said gotta go and good luck to you! And he kept me on the phone for about 5 more minutes selling stuff. I was like, “really sweetie, all the best to you, but gots to go!” I do feel bad though because AT&T let go 12,000 people today and I know he was trying to keep the numbers up!
That’s my TIVO love. I will go the ends of the earth for my Tivo. I will wait and wait for the Tivo HD to do down in price before I buy my lovely 47” Samsung 1080i HD TV. Oh yes people I waited 2 yrs. I can’t live without my Tivo and I’m willing to stand up for it.
Here are 10 reasons why I LOVE MY NEW HD TIVO:
1. IT RECORDS 2 PROGRAMS AT ONCE
2. There's no delay in clicking anything on the menu, it doesn't stall or whine just cuts right through the BS and responds quickly.
3. I can rent movies on Amazon Unbox in mere hours. Netflix is coming soon and I can barely contain myself.
4. I can play my own music library through my home computer.
5. I can display my personal photos through my home computer.
6. I can schedule recordings when I'm bored at work or on my iPhone.
7. I can download free video downloads from New York Times, CNET, The Onion, and Vogue.
8. Because it's beautiful.
9. Because it stopped recording Terminator.
10. Because I LOVE IT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
95 comments:
your blog very beautiful and more info ,make me excited. Congratulation!!.I come again
"Hi:
Two things
1) I’d like your permission to (re)print your article on The new adventures of old Christine
for our website
2) I was hoping we could use your ‘scribing’ talent for our website.
The Best Shows Youre Not Watching (dot) com [all one word]
The new adventures of old Christine is one of our featured shows. We’re hoping to round up a few people who can occasionally contribute perspective (via an article/blog) on the shows – maybe a recent episode, future direction, plot shortcomings etc.
What’s in it for you?
Primarily a larger audience back channeled to your blog. We don’t pay but the site has a lot of promise and we're pretty excited about getting it off the ground. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
"Hi:
Two things
1) I’d like your permission to (re)print your article on The new adventures of old Christine
for our website
2) I was hoping we could use your ‘scribing’ talent for our website.
The Best Shows Youre Not Watching (dot) com [all one word]
The new adventures of old Christine is one of our featured shows. We’re hoping to round up a few people who can occasionally contribute perspective (via an article/blog) on the shows – maybe a recent episode, future direction, plot shortcomings etc.
What’s in it for you?
Primarily a larger audience back channeled to your blog. We don’t pay but the site has a lot of promise and we're pretty excited about getting it off the ground. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Post a Comment