Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Confessions of a Trash Collector


Ok, so I tend to pick up a lot of trash on the TV. Actually I like to pick it up, scrunch up my nose and take a whiff. Why must I?!

90210 was lame. Really lame. And it's not because I'm old and I remember the very first episode of the real 90210. Or where Brenda and Brandon were from (answer= Minnesota NOT Kansas). Or when Luke Perry's eyebrow first made the scene. Or...well you get it...

So the new one just moved way too fast, I couldn't keep up. It was a bit embarrassing that it slowed down only for the Kelly and Brenda scenes where they're musing over their lives in the slow lane. Which must mean that they know that the "old" people are watching and they have to take it down a notch so we'll get it.

I read that some old writers from Freaks and Geeks were on assignment for the season but I couldn't really find their "'Freaks''-style quirky comedy"? I mean if you are a a former F&G writer why would you ever talk about it in that way? Weird and worrisome.

Makes me want to watch some Freaks and Geeks or just find old episodes of 90210 on VHS.

3 comments:

stephy said...

I'm really sad that I clean forgot to tivo this. Just clean forgot.

SpicyBrowngirl said...

I dated a GUY once that couldn't hang out on one specific night at one specific time for at least 2 hours. I had no idea why until he happened to ask me to meet at his friends (so we could go out later) and I showed up early. At least 1/2 dozen guys in their mid-twenties were sitting around the tube watching 90201 and Melrose Place back to back, heckling, drinking beer and ignoring the phone. They ragged on me because I didn't know the storylines and characters!

juls said...

omg, you too?! i knew a group of guys who watch 90210 in secret. we always joked that they were always trying to make life dramatic like 90210!